Dandle•LION Thermal Hats:
- Come in three color-coded sizes: preemie, newborn and newborn plus
- Helps to reduce the risk of hypothermia by wicking away moisture and preventing evaporative heat loss
- Thick two ply acrylic feels soft and warm on baby’s skin
- Retains the shape better and longer than stockinette
- No loose threads or unfinished edges
Hypothermia is a serious problem for low birthweight infants, newborns, and infants undergoing surgical procedures in an uncontrolled thermal environment. The surface area of the head is about 20% of the total body surface and is a major source of heat loss. New standards for very premature infants recommend aggressive measures for thermal regulation and humidity immediately following birth. Thermal hats have been shown to make a difference!